Aviation Festival Africa 2016
We are very excited about the Aviation Festival Africa and the Airports Show Africa 2016. It is being held from the 28th – 29th June at the Sandton Convention Centre. Find out more about the show and why you should pay it a visit here: Aviation Festival and Airport Show.
Our team will be exhibiting at Stand T4b, be sure to come and pay us a visit.
Find out more about how we can help you with our specialized services that will enhance your business.
We are an officially recognised IATA Publications Reseller.
If you are looking for any IATA publication, from the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, to Cargo codes; contact us today with your requirements. Have a look at our PAS IATA Publications Catalogue 2016 and contact us in order to place your order.
Excitement about our new home
In December 2015, we moved into our new home in Unit F, Wingfield Park, in Jet Park. Last week, construction started on our new training centre and offices. This is a very exciting time for all of us!
Entrance to the new training centre and offices
Our new training centre
At the end of this process, we will have 3 dedicated training rooms, a conference room and a dining /relaxation area for our students. For our staff, we will have dedicated offices for our consultants and managers, as well as a meeting room and a relaxation area.
This means that we will be able to accommodate 16 students per room, and we can utilise the conference room as another training venue, so we would be able to train 64 students, in 4 venues at one time.
This greatly increases our capacity to continue to provide quality training courses for all of our clients.
This project will be done within the next two weeks, and then it will be full steam ahead.
Training courses that we offer
We offer the following courses:
- Part 109 – Aviation Security Awareness Training.
- Part 109 – RPAS – Aviation Security Awareness Training
- Part 108 – Air Cargo Security Familiarisation Training, Standard Air Cargo Security Training – Level 1 & Level 2
- Part 92 – Dangerous Goods Awareness Training for Categories – 4,5,7,8,9,10, 11 & 12.
- Human Factors – for Staff and for Managers
- Guidelines for Handling Lithium Batteries
For further details on training that we offer and to book a course with us, please visit our Training website.
Have a look at the progress so far:
Before: The conference room and dining area/relaxation area
Admiring the progress
Walls being constructed
Training rooms being constructed
Training rooms in progress
Training room 1
Fitting the door frame
Ensuring the walls are straight
Our current training room, ready to receive students.
As the year draws to a close, we from Professional Aviation Services would like to wish all those who celebrate Christmas, a “Merry Christmas” and to all our staff, clients, followers and friends a Happy and Prosperous 2016.
We look forward to engaging with you in 2016 and hope that it will be the best year yet for all!
Are you passionate about training? Are you in the Aviation Industry? Are you based in South Africa?
We are looking for experienced Instructors/Trainers in the Aviation, Aviation Security or Dangerous Goods by Air Industry in South Africa, to join our training department on a contract basis.
The job requirements for the position are as follows:
- Aviation or Aviation Security or Dangerous Goods by Air experience gained either in Aviation, Aviation Security, Freight Forwarding, Ground Handling industries, with a minimum of 24 months experience.
- Experience as an Instructor, teacher, supervisor or similar, any position where the person has been exposed to providing training;
- Valid Assessor and Facilitator or Train the Trainer qualification;
- Dangerous Goods CAT 6 (this can be provided to the right candidate);
- Standard Air Cargo Security Level 2 and AVSEC Manager Level 3; (can also be provided);
- Matric or similar NQF Level 4 or above qualification
- Candidate must be fluent in English.
- Verifiable references;
- Clear criminal record;
- South African citizen
If you meet the above requirements, and are looking to join a small yet dynamic team of people that are passionate about what they do, then please send us a full Curriculum Vitae, and your contact details so that we can get in touch with you. Contact us here
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our training facilities and operations centre in Wingfield Park have moved from Unit C to Unit F.
We are in the process of setting up a new and improved training centre that will cater for more classes.
We are certified to present the following courses:
- Part 108 – Air Cargo Security Awareness Training, Level 1 and Level 2
- Part 92 – Dangerous Goods Awareness – CAT 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12
- Part 109 – Aviation Security Awareness Training
We also present the following courses:
- Guidelines on shipping Lithium Batteries
- Human factors for Personnel
- Human factors for Supervisors & Managers
Keep an eye out for our January training schedule.
You can contact us for your training needs in South Africa by completing the contact form found on this site or by visiting http://www.professionaltraining.co.za.
We look forward to hearing from you.