The International Air Transport is holding two interactive 1 day workshops which will include guest speakers from across the supply chain including the South African Civil Aviation Authority to learn about the essentials of shipping dangerous goods and lithium batteries by air.
The Workshop targets all stakeholders of the air cargo supply chain. It is of particular importance to training institutions, courier companies, shippers, freight forwarders, ground handlers and airlines in the industry.
Dates and Locations
Johannesburg, South Africa – 26 February 2019 (Emperors Palace)
Download the Johannesburg Workshop Agenda
Cape Town, South Africa – 28 February 2019 (Hotel Verde)
Download the Cape Town Workshop Agenda
- An overview of the current regulatory framework and what changes will come in 2019 and beyond.
- How these regulations align to the ICAO Technical Instructions, and an update on the new ICAO competency-based training and assessment (CBTA) approach
- Regulatory compliance of the different entities in the supply chain giving you the opportunity to learn exactly what steps you need to take to keep the supply chain safe.
- Participation fee is USD 100 (excluding of all applicable taxes). All delegates will receive an electronic (windows or mobile) copy of the DGR 60th 2019 edition valued at USD 328.
Registration & more information
For registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at one of the events.
International Air Transport Association
Dr. Alex STANCU
Head of account management, South and East Africa
Here is a quick overview of some of the key standards changes and updates, reflected in the new editions of the IATA DGR and Cargo Standards Manuals, effective 1 January 2018
The 59th Edition of the IATA DGR is now available, contact Professional at firstname.lastname@example.org to order yours or for any advice on your IATA publication needs for 2018
IATA have provided a summary of the most significant changes included in the 59th Edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Please feel free to contact Professional for more information on these changes or to order your IATA 59th Edition for 2018.
Professional also has a wide range of IATA publications available.
IATA offers the air transport industry a comprehensive suite of products on a multitude of topics. Ranging from regulations and standards to guidance material, these publications are designed to promote safety and optimize efficient operations.
Professional Aviation Services is an Authorised IATA Publications Reseller and source and supply a comprehensive range of IATA Publications on your behalf.
Highlights of our service to you include:
- All publications are provided at IATA prices, you pay the same as you would if you sourced your publications directly from IATA;
- We take care of all administration and payments, you get your publications delivered to your door, all you need to do is place the order and we do the rest;
- We make sure that your order is fulfilled correctly and timeously, we deliver what you need when you need it;
- We offer rebates of the cost of shipping, the rebate you qualify for will depend on the order placed;
- Members of SAEPA and SAAFF qualify for expedited shipping and additional shipping cost rebates;
2018 IATA Publications Catalogue
The 2018 IATA Publications Catalogue is now available. The catalogue provides information on all available IATA Publications. We suggest that you work through this comprehensive guide and select the publications that will add value to your operations.
One of the most used publications is the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations which is produced annually by IATA in consultation with ICAO, the Dangerous Goods Regulations are now available for 2018!
Dangerous Goods Regulations 59th Edition
The correct handling of Dangerous Goods is a critical part of the operations of all in the air cargo industry.
The IATA DGR is the industry-trusted source to help you prepare and document dangerous goods shipments for air transport. Used by the world’s airlines for over 60 years, the DGR is the most complete, up-to-date, and user-friendly reference in the industry.
Contact email@example.com to discuss your IATA publication needs for 2018.
Professional Aviation Services presented seminars sponsored by BidAir Cargo.
The seminars proposed solutions to Dangerous Goods challenges experienced in the courier and express industries.
The seminar presentation is available here:
BidAir Cargo Seminar 31 August 2017