How can we help you with EU RA3 validation?
Professional Aviation Services, will be joining hands with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) at the event to offer the industry the very best in safety, security and Dangerous Goods compliance, products and services.
Please come and see Professional Aviation Services & IATA at Stand 39 at Air Cargo Africa.
Airfreight into Africa is one of the largest growing markets in the world.
Recognising this, the Air Cargo Africa conference and exhibition, which brings together various role players in the industry to explore the potential of this market, is coming to Emperors Palace, Johannesburg from the 21 -23 of February.
Services that we offer include the following:
Consulting and Risk Services
- EU RA3 Validations – for clients who operate in countries that are not listed on the EU Green list
- Air Cargo Security Compliance Consulting – with 36 Regulated Agents in South Africa as our clients, we have a wide range of experience in guiding clients in terms of operating a secure supply chain
- Aviation Security Consulting – our team of experts can assist with your general aviation security queries and provide solutions for your challenges.
- Risk Services – we can assist with security tests, audits and once-off checks to evaluate the security of facilities and processes.
- IATA Training Courses – through our registered IATA Authorised Training Centre, (ZA-PRI-1-14-001; ZA-PRI-3-16-001), we offer IATA Dangerous Goods training, Introduction to Safety Management Systems, as well as Aviation Security Awareness and Cargo Security Awareness courses, through the International Cargo Training Programme and the International Aviation Training Programme.
- Classroom Training – as a SACAA Approved Part 109 Aviation Security Training Organisation (Approval number: SACAA/AVSEC/CS/008 and SACAA Approved Part 92 Dangerous Goods Aviation Training Organisation, (Approval number: SACAA/DG/0031) we offer quality classroom based training at various locations around South Africa. Our main training centre is situated in Jet Park, with 4 dedicated classrooms, with other locations at Lanseria International Airport, and Wonderboom Airport. We are also able to conduct training in other parts of South Africa, with two dedicated branches in the coastal areas, one in Durban and one in Cape Town.
Courses on offer include:
- Aviation Security Screener Training for Passenger and Baggage and for Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies. (Level 1)
- Aviation Security Supervisor Training for Passenger and Baggage and for Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies. (Level 2)
- Aviation Security Management Training for Airports and Airlines, as well as for Cargo. (Level 3)
- General Aviation Security Awareness Training (ASAT)
- Aviation Security Awareness (Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies) Training
- RPAS Aviation Security Awareness Training (for Drone/RPAS/UAV operators)
- Dangerous Goods by Air Regulations (Awareness) for Categories: 4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12
- Customised Courses – our dedicated Research and Development team specialise in developing customised in-house courses for clients, as well as to meet general training needs that we identify in the market.
Current courses that are available include:
- Human Factors for Personnel
- Human Factors for Supervisors and Managers
- Lithium Battery Awareness (both classroom and on-line)
- Handling of Lithium Batteries
- Enhanced Security Training
- Driver Security – Anti-Hijacking Course
- On-line Learning – through our on-line learning platform, proftrain.co.za, we offer customised e-learning courses to various clients, as well as general courses that are open to the public.
- Learner Management System – struggling to manage the training function of your organisation? The Professional Learner Management System is a database system which simplifies the management of training for your staff.
- IATA Publications – as one of only two registered IATA Publications Agents in South Africa, contact us for all your IATA publication’s needs. We take the pain out of ordering IATA products. Visit protrain.co.za/shop to see all the products on offer.
- ICAO Publications – are you looking for ICAO Annexes and Technical Instructions and other ICAO publications? We are a registered ICAO Publications Reseller, contact us to place your order today.
- Dangerous Goods and Lithium Battery Awareness Seminars – educating staff and clients is a vital part of doing business safely and reducing potential incidents. The Professional Dangerous Goods and Lithium Battery Awareness Seminars help to educate your clients about the dangers of mis-declared, undeclared or hidden dangerous goods. It also educates them on the dangers of Lithium Batteries and what is allowed and not allowed. Contact us to book a seminar for your staff or your clients.
An update on our new training centre and training courses
Excitement about our new home
Our new training centre
Training courses that we offer
- Part 109 – Aviation Security Awareness Training.
- Part 109 – RPAS – Aviation Security Awareness Training
- Part 108 – Air Cargo Security Familiarisation Training, Standard Air Cargo Security Training – Level 1 & Level 2
- Part 92 – Dangerous Goods Awareness Training for Categories – 4,5,7,8,9,10, 11 & 12.
- Human Factors – for Staff and for Managers
- Guidelines for Handling Lithium Batteries
The benefits of having more Known Consignor’s in South Africa in relation to an improved Secure Supply Chain environment.
The role the industry can play
Continue reading “Forwarders should encourage exporters to become Known Consignors”
Are you passionate about training? Are you in the Aviation Industry? Are you based in South Africa?
- Aviation or Aviation Security or Dangerous Goods by Air experience gained either in Aviation, Aviation Security, Freight Forwarding, Ground Handling industries, with a minimum of 24 months experience.
- Experience as an Instructor, teacher, supervisor or similar, any position where the person has been exposed to providing training;
- Valid Assessor and Facilitator or Train the Trainer qualification;
- Dangerous Goods CAT 6 (this can be provided to the right candidate);
- Standard Air Cargo Security Level 2 and AVSEC Manager Level 3; (can also be provided);
- Matric or similar NQF Level 4 or above qualification
- Candidate must be fluent in English.
- Verifiable references;
- Clear criminal record;
- South African citizen
a) SECURITY GRADING in terms of the Security Act no. 56 2001.
b) The security graded screener must be EMPLOYED BY A SECURITY SERVICE PROVIDER.
c) The screener must have at least DANGEROUS GOODS CAT 12.
d) The screener must have STANDARD AIR CARGO SECURITY TRAINING LEVEL 1.
e) Category 1: SECURITY SCREENER TRAINING
f) The screener must have completed AWARENESS TRAINING in terms of Part 109 (if he works at an airport) and or, if he works at an off airport Regulated Agent, FAMILIARISATION TRAINING in terms of Part 108.
g) The screener must have a CLASS II MEDICAL CERTIFICATE.
h) 40 HOURS CLASSROOM training, 40 HOURS PRACTICAL TRAINING.
i) COMPREHENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK as set out in Part 110.
5.1 AIC 18-49, as mentioned above, will be WITHDRAWN.
5.2 Part 108, Part 109 Awareness Training has NOT IMPROVED.
5.3 GRADING OF DESIGNATED OFFICIALS, this has now been FINALISED, see above.
5.4 We stress that HAND SEARCH should be AVOIDED in all circumstances due to LIABILITY IMPLICATIONS.
5.5 The Part 110 and 109 AMENDMENTS have still NOT been COMPLETED.
5.6 KNOWN CONSIGNORS is still at an unacceptably LOW LEVEL.
5.7 MATURING has now been REMOVED as a security control.